Saturday, June 21, 2014

Cats Keeping Cool

Pippi sleeping on a large, potted Boston fern on the back porch.
This is Pippi Longstockings, the Pipster for short. He's the head cat.  When he was less than a year old he started sleeping in this fern during the winter while it was housed in the mud room.  The poor fern would spend the winter trampled flat.  He has left it along the last two years,  and it recovered nicely.
With the heat and humidity already in June, Pipster is back using the fern as a bed.
Ezekiel waiting his turn
I snapped this picture of Zeke at the same time.  He was flirting with me from one of the wicker chairs on the porch. When I came home from work, Pippi had gone hunting ( or maybe fishing as the cats love to bring me frogs)  and Zeke was asleep on the fern. I guess the fern will have to endure the summer as a cat bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment