Saturday, January 14, 2012

Blog Spam, who knew!

It's been so much fun tracking the number of page views for my blog.  I'm thrilled that so many people enjoy my electronic musings.  The stats section of the blog management tools tells me how many people viewed each posting and what link brought them to the site.  It also tells me what countries they come from.  The most viewed of my bloggins in 2011 was the recipe for Hollandaise Sauce!

Most of the people viewing my blog come from Facebook. Quite a few come from Google and a handful come through from my cattle website www.ohiobeef.com.  Increasingly though they come from an entity listed as domar.ru.  I had not heard of that entity, so I Googled it and guess what it is! It's blog spam! In other words, just some machine trolling through the Internet trying to cause trouble.  Oh well. Just keep in mind when you see that little counter thing at the top right hand corner of my page - only about half of that number is real. 
Wulf's Sirloin, Number 8 in the 2011 Top Ten ranking for Limousin bulls. This is my heifer, Vera B's sire.


No comments:

Post a Comment