Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Too Quiet


Violet in full communication mode
It's been a quiet few days. I've been on baby watch since Saturday morning.  Violet should have calved by Sunday night but nothing has happened. This makes me very nervous.  I let Violet and the herd out on to the south pastures. They are starting to green up, are clean and flat and easy going for a very pregnant cow.  Today it was warm and sunny, a good day to have a calf. Tomorrow should also be a good day. After that the weather man says rain. Not so good. 

The cats clawed a big hole in the screen on one of the French doors to the back porch.  I've been keeping the door open and they go through the hole in the screen like its a cat door.  They think its great and it does keep them out of the house most of the time, which is good cause they are starting to shed!
This evening they found a little garter snake - about a foot long  - on the porch. They played with it for about 10 minutes and then I rescued it.  I'm not sure what it was doing on the porch but I'm pretty sure it won't be coming back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment