Sunday, July 1, 2012

Craigs List Chuckles


Creep feeder used to feed calves grain so their moms can't steal the food from them. Mother's love goes just so far with cows.

I'm selling my creep feeder on Craig's list. I just don't need it any more as I've so few calves. Also, I like to wean my calves early so by the time they need to start on feed I have them separated from the cows anyway.

I posted the picture above and a few lines about the feeder and a price. That was it. I've sold lots of my old farm equipment and stuff on Craig's list in the past and it all went pretty well.

I’ve received a few legitimate emails and I think it will be gone soon, but I've also, for the first time, received a bunch of weirdo emails. They come through with re:re:creepfeeder - so I know up front they are not good emails. The content makes me laugh. They all start out asking if I still have the feeder. Then they tell me how intrigued they are by my post and ask to meet and have coffee etc. Some of the language would lead you to believe that I had made some very sexy suggestions in my post. What a hoot! But also, warning to all - I imagine most of you would figure out not to respond, but just in case you are tempted, DON'T!!! I'll tell you what I tell the chickens when I spot a hawk and they are out in the pasture scratching away. I point to the sky and yell Danger! Danger! They seemed to understand right from the start what I am talking about and they run for cover. So I say to you, Danger! Danger! Don't respond to creepy Craig's List emails.


No comments:

Post a Comment