Thursday, November 15, 2012

Arbor Day Trees Arrive

 
I arrived home late last night to find a package of trees from the Arbor Day Foundation sticking out of my mail box.  Just my luck they arrived on an evening when I was home late, but not to worry.  I opened the package and the trees were in great shape, roots still nice and moist. They will keep that way in a cool place until Friday evening when I can plant them in their nursery bed. 
 
I received a package of lush green white fir seedlings, each about 18 inches tall. I'll plant them in their nursery bed and next fall or the fall after (depending on how well they do this year) I'll plant them along my drive to provide some windbreak. Below is a picture from the Arbor Day Foundations website of a white fir.  These also make a very nice Christmas tree. It may not be too late for you to order some yet this year.  Check it out at www.arborday.org.


White Fir

Abies concolor

  • Drought Tolerant
  • Silver Blue-Green Needles
  • Light Colored Bark
  • 50' with 20' Spread
  • Zones 4 to 7

No comments:

Post a Comment