Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Winter Reading List

One of my new favorites for my Winter Reading List
 
The publishing world is always touting their summer reading list.  But I think the dark, cold days of winter, when I don't want to be outside doing anything, are the best times to sit by the fire or snuggle under the covers or soak in the tub -  with a good book.

I love medieval historical fiction and mysteries.  One of my all time favorites is Ken Follett's Pillars of the Earth, a great historical fiction novel which has been made into a very good movie.

My new favorite is by Jeri Westerson and features a disgraced knight who has remade himself into a sort of medieval private investigator.  Ms. Westerson is a medieval scholar of sorts and she peppered the book with many words I've never seen before, which always makes me happy.  I also love her website www.jeriwesterson.com.  She is obviously a very talented and creative lady and I look forward to reading all the books in this series.

Kate Sedley, author of the Roger the Chapman mystery series is another favorite. She was born in 1926 and has been writing for years, so there are a lot of books in the series, which also makes me very happy. 


A long running series and always entertaining as well as informative.



No comments:

Post a Comment