Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Apple Roses

Someone of my Facebook friends shared a video post showing how to make these apple roses for dessert. Last night it was my turn to bring dessert to our family's Monday night get together, and since I have Monday off, I decided to make the apples roses.

The video is really well done, but I am not a visual learner.  I like to have instructions carefully spelled out in writing. It took me a while to get the hang of it, but I finally made 8 apple roses using dark red Jonathan apples from Irons Orchard next door.  I wanted a really red apple that would also bake well.

My apples roses were a hit! They were not nearly as pretty as the pictured rose, but every body said they really liked them.  I served them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a spoonful of apple crisp which I had made for my two year old niece.
I've shared the post and here also is the link: http://cookingwithmanuela.blogspot.com/2015/03/apple-roses.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment