Saturday, February 19, 2011

Cooking With the AGA

I love English country house novels. It was through reading those books that I heard about AGA cookers. Cooker is British for what we call a range or stove. British television shows often feature an AGA in their kitchens.

An AGA cooker is a real stove, on all the time and powered by natural gas, or in my case, propane.
I love my AGA. It's great to cosy up to in winter and is wonderful for cooking all kinds of foods. The AGA has four ovens, each set at a different temperature, and its "on" all the time. It was designed for efficiency and it does a great job.

The "burners" on the AGA are two large round plates heated at preset temperatures. One is for boiling, the other for simmering. The simmering plate also acts as a griddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment