Friday, February 18, 2011

Books, Books, Books

I love books. I know Kindle and all that electronic stuff is taking us away from the printed page and that's probably great in some applications, but I still love the feel and smell of a printed book. Two of my favorite country living reference books are:

"Wild Flowers of Ohio", second edition by Robert L. Henn. This is a great field guide filled with good color photographs and detailed descriptions of hundreds of wild flowers found in Ohio. If you check my web site you will find pictures I've taken of the wild flowers on my farm, most of which I identified using Mr. Henn's book.  See them at http://www.ohiobeef.com/.

"The Contrary Farmer" by Gene Logsdon is an inspirational book for anyone who wants to farm organically and frugally; in other words sustainable. That's a popular word right now, sustainable, as applied to agriculture. Mr. Logsdon has been preaching the cause for many years. I highly recommend his book for anyone attempting to "live on the land". 

No comments:

Post a Comment