Monday, October 28, 2013

Fluffy Cows

Spring calves in their early winter coats

After the killing frost Thursday night I was up early trying to take some video of BTAP ZZ Tom. Tom is for sale and I wanted to try to show some video of him walking on You Tube so prospective buyers could get a look at him without traveling to the farm.  It was just at sunrise and Tom was a bit sluggish so the video didn't work out, but I snapped some pictures of the spring calves in their early winter coats. they look so soft and fluffy, you just want to cuddle them. As you can see from their attitude they are not in to cuddling - all but BTAP Samantha that is.
BTAP Samantha


Sammy, as I like to call her, is a daughter of BTAP Blackberry Bramble and granddaughter of Buttercup. All of this cow family is very gentle and naturally comes to me to be petted. I was trying to get Tom to pay attention and Sammy wanted me to pet her. You can see how annoyed she is that I wasn't paying attention to her in this photo. Sammy is BTAP Thor's daughter and will be a beautiful cow next year. She was the first calf born this year. If you go to www.YouTube.com/vtappy1 you can see video of Sammy, Frosty and Lady's Man last April having a race.
BTAP Zooey at the salt feeder. The mud begins!




No comments:

Post a Comment