Sunday, May 1, 2011

Vet Postponed

It was just too wet and muddy to have the Vet come to work on the bulls. Maybe next week. In the meantime I've been working on the garden. We've had a couple of days of no rain and I was able to get 17 broccoli plants into the garden. My goal is to have a freezer full of broccoli to last all year.  I also planted lettuce among the broccoli and weeded, weeded, weeded.

The strawberries are blooming and the asparagus has finally kicked in. Dinner tonight was another big helping of roasted asparagus. I can eat asparagus every night for the next six weeks. Like so many things, when you get to pick, cook and eat all within an hour, the vegetable will be so much better.  I hated Brussels sprouts until I grew my own. Now I try to have Brussels sprouts fresh from my garden on the Thanksgiving table. They are always best after a good frost and will usually keep producing through the end of November.

No comments:

Post a Comment