Monday, February 11, 2013

Blogging About Cattle and Downton Abbey

My little blog has been active for over a year now. It's fascinating to me to see how many page views come through every day.  Generally I  log about 25 page views, half of which I hope are real people who enjoy reading about what I have to say.


Some of the cast from the PBS Masterpiece Classic hit Downton Abbey

Blogger provides a whole list of statistics about who is reading each blog. This includes number of page views of each post, where the audience lives in the world, what URL was used and what key words were most popular.

In the beginning the most popular posts were about recipes and the cats.  Lately however, the posts about Downton Abbey and Limousin cattle head the number one and number two spots on the tally. They each get a dozen or more page views a day.


BTAP Thor on the alert for blog spam.
Fortunately many of those views come from Google or Facebook or directly from www.ohiobeef.com.

But many of them come from bad sites that are really Trojans or worse.  Every now and then I click on one just to see what it is about. The really bad ones get caught by my McAfee anti-virus software. Others seem harmless but pointless.  For example, today there are 17 page views from a URL called make money with your blog review. I clicked on it and it was a come on, asking you to click through to another site for a sure fired way to make money with your blog. No way will I click on that link. But still, I wonder why that site has viewed so many times. I guess I need to do a little more research about blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment