Monday, March 4, 2013

Downton Abbey Season Four

Lady Mary with baby George
They have begun filming season four of Downton Abbey, which we have to wait until January of 2014 to see!!  This is one of the official photos, but the Internet news sites are publishing some others of some of the family at Mathews grave site.  Since the story opens six months after Mathew's death in that stupid car crash, every one seems to think they have gone to the cemetery for some sort of memorial service. 

It's obvious to me they are at the church Christening baby George, the heir to Downton Abbey and naturally they would also visit both Mathew and Sybil's graves.

Mary will get two new love interests in season four and they both seem very handsome from the pictures I've seen so far.  My bets on the tall dark and handsome one.

Little George Van Harlingen and his mother about 1924.
As I look at this picture I am reminded that baby George would be about the age of my father, also named George, who was born in 1923.  Baby George of Downton Abbey was born, if I remember correctly, in 1921, but I am also reminded that Lady Mary would have been near 30 years old when little George was born. My father's mother was 34 when he was born, so I watch Downton with my grandmother and father in mind.

 It's fun to compare England in the 1920's to the United States at the same time, especially since we were overcome with Prohibition -begun in 1919 - and the gangster class that came from that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment