Friday, October 14, 2011

Good Morning Sunshine!

I wish I had one of those fancy digital cameras with big lenses etc. Then I could take some really great pictures to share because the  views from my back porch are just beautiful.  I stepped out on the porch to check on some herbs I'm drying and two flocks of geese flew up from the little lake at the bottom of the hill and flew across the trees against a blue sky with the morning sun on their wings. Just beautiful.

On a food note, I'm enjoying big green salads every day now because the fall lettuce coming from the garden is so wonderful.  I take my salad to lunch and eat with the staff and volunteers - something we all look forward to each day for the good talk and social hour.  One of the volunteers looked at my salad which was full of beets, grapes, apples and chicken and with a big sigh announced, "My husband would be horrified at your salad. He would tell you that fruit cannot ever be on a green salad".  I love fruit on a green salad!  Sometimes I make a strictly vegetable salad, but given a choice, I'll always put fruit and cheese on it some how. I know her husband a little and refrained from pointing out that tomatoes are a fruit and most people see nothing wrong with putting them on salads. He's an older man and as some famous man said once "Young men have more virtue than old men, they have more generous sentiments".  I just smiled and happily muched lettuce with grapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment