Sunday, April 1, 2012

Hunting for Cows

Two of the Angus are due to calve April 4, so I went looking for them.  I found the older one just fine and she is definitely going to calve in the next couple of days. I could not find the heifer. She and the old crippled cow were not with the herd.
Thor and Bobbie watch me head out, hoping that I will throw a bucket of grain in their feed bunk.

The herd, or most of it anyway, nooning.
I texted the Angus' owner to let him know I was checking on his girls. He texted back that he and his wife were timing her labor pains and they were now 5 minutes apart!  Good thing I never told him I couldn't find the heifer - but I did find her finally.
Tom Tom and his mother BTAP Violet.  This week I plan to register him as BTAP ZZ Tom.
 

Tom Tom having lunch.
 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                            



  


No comments:

Post a Comment